Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blogging...

Back to the blog after almost a half year without posting... it's way past time to chime in.
 
     It was an interesting summer, challenging at times and super fun at others. One highlight was having the opportunity to accompany our daughter to Hawaii, where she presented a poster session at a national conference. It was our very first trip to the islands and we had a great time sightseeing and being proud parents.
 
     We even did some snorkeling, which, as an ocean-fearing land lubber I would describe as a sometimes ecstatic, sometimes terrifying experience!
 
     But I am happy to be back playing bears & working on the new website. The new format was inspired by my customers, really, watching you browse through the store & happening upon just the right bear that must go home with you. So, it's really to meant to honor that.... just presenting a few bears at a time, as if you were stopping by to see what jumps off the shelf and into your hands. The important part of the new format to remember is that you really should pop in and browse every week or so. Things will change often!
 
     I also have a new feature on the site called "Teddy Bear Stories" which was actually inspired by an email from a collector. It's a place where you and I can share those incredible stories we all have of the love, heroics, healing, saving, did I say love, that teddy bears so readily provide. A teddy bear is a universal gift of comfort. Don't we know it! I hope you'll consider visiting and sharing your stories. Everyone is welcome. (The only rule is the stories have to be rated E for everyone... I'm sure that goes without saying...)
 
     The new Charlie Bears fall 2013 line has launched! I have set up a page on the website for viewing and adding your wish list. Instead of taking preorders (the turnaround time is just too long),  I created a wish list so that I can better accomodate everyone's favorite bears.

     You can access the site with two addresses at the moment. From our regular website at www.mostlybears.com and from the new address of www.mostlybears.us  At some point in the future, these will both be merged into the .com site, but for now we have the two points of access.

     I hope you all had a fabulous summer & are looking forward, as I am, to getting back to cooler temperatures and a little more playing-bears-time.

Sincerely, Trish



Yes, that's me!! Eeeek!
 

 

No comments: