Thursday, June 14, 2007

Banff & Beyond

Mere photos do not do justice to this spectacular scenery!
The force of these rushing waters is incredible:
Lake Louise is beautiful even on a cloudy day: There are still piles of snow along the side of the road and our temperature gauge reads in the low 50's. We most certainly are thinking of Tucson's hundred plus temps as we bundle up to go out and sightsee!

A brief stop at the Columbia Icefields:

A mountain lake, still thawing from winter:Then, there's the wildlife:

A warning sign on the road, followed immediately by these:


And we couldn't forget the BEARS, now could we?


Yes, Christine, we really DO see bears everywhere, I guess!

As we leave Canada, we hope to return soon to this spectacular place. It will be great to be back in the USA...we are ready to be home now...but just one more great adventure ahead of us first. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI!! I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING FUN ON YOUR CRUISE! I TRIED CALLING BUT I GUESS YOU WERE BUSY HAVING FUN! CAROLYN HAS BEEN IN LABOR SINCE EARLY THIS MORNING. SHE'S ON HER WAY TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW SO WE'RE WAITING TO SEE HOW FAR ALONG SHE IS. IT'S ALREADY 8PM SO WE'LL BE GOING UP TOMORROW MORNING. JERRY HAS TO WORK MONDAY MORNING BUT LITTLE JERRY AND I WILL BE STAYING IN PHOENIX FOR A COUPLE DAYS! I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE HEAT! IT'S ONLY 106 IN TUCSON BUT IT'S 114 IN PHOENIX!!! AHHHHH!! I GUESS IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL BECAUSE I THINK ANYTHING OVER 105 FEELS THE SAME! I WISH I WAS WITH YOU IN THE NICE COLD TEMPS! HAVE FUN! POST SOME CRUISE PICS ALREADY! I LOVE YOU!